Oh jeesh! It almost feels like
a chain letter an honor 😉 I was out of town and both Firedupfairy and Beaunoze tagged me! I wanted to put some thought into it so today I’m finally ready. Here goes:
The rules: Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those who are tagged need to write on their own blog those 7 facts as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven other people and list their names on your blog. Then you leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog.
1. I have no sense of smell. None. Zip. Most of you have five senses, I have four. All because almost five years ago I was diagnosed with a duck egg sized brain tumor. Unfortunately, it’s location and size impacted my sense of smell (I guess it was actually fortunate, because that’s what got the attention of my nurse-practitioner). Fortunately, it was benign. But the removal also took away all the remaining sense of smell and it won’t come back. Ever. Very sad because while I can get along without it, it does affect my sense of taste as well. And I love to cook. 😦
2. Years and years ago I fantasized about living in a cabin in the woods and writing a book. Well, I eventually did live in a cabin in the woods (CA redwoods – lovely), but never wrote a book. I now live in the Pacific Northwest and still think about living in the woods — once kiddlebiddle finishes school.
3. I’m married to the man I fell in love with 30 years ago; lost; and found again about six years ago. Long, romantic story. hmmmmm 🙂
4. I’m an “older” mother; having had my daughter when I was just four days from turning 43. She’s 10 now (going on 20) and the light, joy, heart, of my life. ❤
5. I went to college with Annette Bening. Honest! She wouldn’t remember though! She was a couple of years ahead of me (at San Francisco State University) and she was cast in just about everything. No one knew me from Adam! But I have a program from “The Country Wife” that she was in.
6. My mother was an artist. And a great cook/baker. And for that reason I hesitated to do either for years and years. Until my daughter started calling me an artist. Then I thought…well, maybe. The last few years have been very creative and I do bake a mean pie!
7. I’m a natural redhead and take great pride in that. We come from Alpha Centauri you know! My shade of red was always different – not carrottop, not auburn. Very beautiful. And even though it’s now grey, I color it. I love being a redhead.
And I’m tagging:
You go girls!